João Agripino Maia
|Office: ||Rio de Janeiro.|
Main Practice Areas
Mergers & Acquisitions, Taxation and Customs.
João Agripino Maia is specialized in litigation and tax and customs consulting, tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, with emphasis on services to foreign clients and major national groups. His career began in Brasília, in 1993, where he served in administrative and judicial tax litigation. He worked at Veirano of São Paulo from 1998 to 2001. He also worked at Xavier Bernardes Bragança until April 2011 ,where intensified his work in mergers and acquisitions and tax planning. He has published several articles in specialized journals and books. The reentry Veirano Advogados occurred in April 2011.
Chambers of Commerce and Associations
- American Chamber of Commerce (Amcham-RJ);
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB-RJ, SP and DF);
- Brazilian Association of Financial Law (ABDF);
- British Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Brazil (Britcham);
- Deutsch-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK);
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- International Fiscal Association (IFA); and
- World Services Group (WSG).
- "Clonagem e Fraude na Subscrição: Hipóteses de Não-Incidência do ICMS nos Serviços de Telecomunicações", co-authored (2007);
- "A Atual Jurisprudência do Superior Tribunal de Justiça acerca do Convênio nº 69/98 e a Tributação dos Serviços de Comunicação em Sentido Estrito" (2006);
- "Tributação dos Serviços Prestados pelos Provedores de Conteúdo e de Acesso à Internet, em O Direito e a Internet", co-authored (2002);
- "Considerações sobre o retorno da CPMF", co-authored (1999); and
- Articles published in magazines and newspapers such as Brazilian Business (AMCHAM), Valor Economico newspaper and Gazeta Mercantil, among others.
Program of Instruction for Lawyers (2000)
Harvard Law School
Faculdade de Direito do Distrito Federal
English and Portuguese.